Saturday, December 1, 2012

Easy


Title: Easy
Author: Tamara Webber
Publisher: CreateSpace
Pages: 316 p

Summary (from Goodreads):

A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.
Review:



“Choosing to be with you, isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline...It's easy. Incredibly easy.”
I was about to give it 4 stars but I realized I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Wanderlove. And if I give 3 stars... well I think it deserved more.

This book was "okay" for me, since I'm new to New Adult genre. I guess it's like older version of YA but younger than adult romance?

So, how about some list?

What I like from this book, and why I'll recommend this to you:


  1. The theme. The book is opened with Jacqueline went to her truck and attacked by Buck, her ex's friend. You can see the summary above, "Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time," Yes, she was almost raped. I know this is one of the most sensitive issue here. And Tamara Webber did it perfect to show Jacqueline's emotion toward Buck and the possibility of her if Lucas didn't come right in time.
  2. Lucas. Can I just fall for another fictional guy whose past was sort of miserable? He even had some tattoos to hide his scars. And he was protective over Jacqueline, he was also an artist. How could you say no when he asked he wanted to sketch you?
"And when you're bored, you tap your foot soundlessly and move your fingers on the desktop like you're playing an instrument. I wanted to sketch you."
And yes, that was all.

I wasn't the fans of Jacqueline and her relationship with Lucas. I just didn't understand that she was almost getting raped and after the accident she wanted to hook up with Lucas? And--this is probably a spoiler--I also couldn't understand after what happened in Jacqueline's room where Lucas kissed her, they didn't talk. Not at all. He didn't even call or text, and so did she. They just sneaked a glance in class. I knew it was explained later but why they even didn't try to explain what happened that day when they kissed for the first time? It just confused me.

Overall, if you want to try something new, like if you're bored reading books where the characters go to high school, I'll highly recommend this one for you. (Also it gave me a clue about what college would be like--yes, I'll go to college next year. Sigh.)

Rating: 3.5/5

2 comments:

  1. Aaaa, mauu >.<
    udah masuk buntelan baca, tapi belum ketemu sumber daya (alias duit) buat belinya :(
    Oya, dari pengalamanku, kehidupan kuliah di Indonesia itu beda lho sama di Amrik, kayak yang diceritain di novel-novel *agak kecewa* tapi semangat! :D Kamu mau kuliah tahun 2013 ya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ebook aja, mbak. :D huhu iya sih memang beda, tapi kalo aku di asrama kan masih ada aura luar negerinya. *loh* :p

      Delete

Thank you for reading! :D